Press "Enter" to skip to content

Posts published in November 2020

WorkSafeBC and COVID Information for Members

For members who work at Jarvis Elementary or any CUPE Members who have contracted COVID at work through workplace exposure; the Unions stance is this is a WorkSafe Claim.   

What you need to do:

  1. Fill out WorkSafe form 6.  Below is the link.  Complete this form, sign it and send it to your Administrators, Supervisor or Foreman.
  2. Contact your doctor. Let them know this is a work place illness/injury. They have to report to WorkSafe.
  3. Contact WorkSafe to report your workplace ‘injury’. The contact information is also included.
  4. When you book off on Smarfind Express use Reason Code #6 ‘WorkSafe’ not Illness.

Form 6 -

Contact WorkSafeBC -

Any questions please contact the Union Office. 

Thank You,